Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Strolling thru Town

Earlier today,I could hardly keep my eyes open. So I decided to take my C7 real early today at 1300 hrs. Today is a crisp cool day. The wind was blowing thru my hair and the people were everywhere. I saw a man wearing a dress in a very pretty shade of RED. Strolled past a 20 something homeless couple w/dreads asking for spare change. Was followed for a short distance by a male with a very large receeding hairline and long blonde hair wearing blue jean jacket and pants in a 1980's shade of jean. Not very flattering. With every step I took, I became alert and found myself craving a skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks. The aroma was practically calling my name. I kept walking westbound on Colorado. I stopped at the Veronica M. shop to check out a dress I wanted to purchase for a wedding. I was not very impressed. My mind was racing with thoughts of Starbucks spinning thru my head. I don't need Starbucks. Save the $3.95, I have Green Tea in my locker. Drink for your health. You are not getting any younger. Oh, I want to go to the Melting Pot. But what Really is a Fondue Restaurant. Random thoughts like these ran like circles in my head. Clear the mind.........I must come back with Lucy,Evelyn and Rach for a beer at Barneys.

2 comments:

Lucy & Evelyn said...

barney's... we're there..

by the way.. the melting pot.....pricey, but LOVE IT!!

since I consider myself a professional orderer i recommend the following:

Order "The Big Night Out"

It's a 4 course meal..

you start with a salad of choice.. They all are crisp and yummy, and will prepare your pallet for the evening to come.. (by the way eating here is a whole evening dont make other plans)

2nd course is a cheese blend of your choice.. I have had the swiss which is extremely strong.. almost bitter.. They had a "zen" which was a white chedder.. it was the special .. EXCELLENT.. they serve the cheese with veggies,different breads, and green apple(this was my favorite for dipping suprisingly)

3rd course is the main deal, you choose a cooking style which is the broth that you will put your meat in, and you choose which plate you would like.. they have a a plate with sirloin, shrimp, chicken, ahi, and some plates come with lobster, scallops, filet mignon.. all are delicious!!!

--side note.. with the third course they will give you about 6 different sauces for dipping.. TRY THEM ALL!!!! they are delicious

4th and final course.. the chocolate!!! omg.. talk about a sexy way to end the meal! you chose your chocolate and they melt it in front of you and bring you a plate of fruits and marshmallows, cheesecake, and brownies to dip into the warm chocolate.. they have several blends you can chose from or you can come up with your own blend.. I being the pretend professional that i am made my own blend.. dark chocolate,caramel, baily's and pecans.. SOOOOOO good..

The best part of this meal is taking your time,enjoing your company and, savoring the flavor..

Let me know all about it if you do go

Anonymous said...

I want to go to Barneys and The melting POT!!!! LETS GO!!